Your very first appointment (private patients) will take a little longer than a normal check-up (around 40 minutes*). This is so we can take some extra time to thoroughly examine your mouth and chat to you about your dental health.
Your comprehensive New Patient consultation includes the following:
- A detailed assessment of your teeth, gums and soft tissue.
- Screening for oral cancer.
- An assessment of the condition of your gums to ensure they are continuing to provide a strong foundation for your teeth.
- Checking your temporomandibular joints (which connect the jawbone to the skull) and the muscles. This is important as problems with these joints can cause headaches and teeth grinding.
- Taking x-rays if necessary.
- Asking you what you think about your smile and how important it is to you.
- Presenting you with a treatment plan and helping you to decide which options would work best for you.
Don’t forget – as a new patient, you are entitled to a complimentary* hygiene treatment (worth £48!).
Interested in improving or maintaining your dental health? Give us a call on 01527 872098.
*Please note this is for private patients only.